Fayose Appears In Court Over Alleged Misappropriation Of N30.8 Billion
Nigeria News – Fayose Appears In Court Over Alleged Misappropriation Of N30.8 Billion
Over alleged misappropriation of N30.8 billion, on Monday, Ayodele Fayose, the immediate past Governor of Ekiti appeared before a Federal High Court in Lagos.
Fayose appeared in court in a gloomy look with a large number of supporters on hand, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
The former governor pleaded not guilty to the 11-count charge. The argument on his bail application is ongoing.
EFCC is prosecuting the former governor of Ekiti State alongside his company – Spotless Investment Ltd.
After the arraignment of the accused ‘Fayose’, Mr Kanu Agabi (SAN), the defence counsel who is a former Attorney General of the Federation, informed the court of a motion on notice for the bail of the accused.
He told the court that same had been served on the prosecution.
Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, the EFCC Prosecutor, in his response, confirmed service of the bail application but told the court that he required time to reply.
For the hearing of the bail application, Justice Mojisola Olatoregun, consequently, adjourned the case until October 24.
The court ordered that the accused ‘Fayose’ be remanded in custody of the EFCC pending bail, following a plea by defence counsel on the temporary remand of Fayose.