JOHESU Disobeys Court Order To End Strike

The Joint Health Sector Union, JOHESU has debunked allegations that it deliberately disobeyed a court injunction ordering its members to return back to work last week.

While insisting that the accusations are false, the union revealed that it has only this evening received the said court order.

However, the health workers insist they will not call off the strike as the matter in the contest is now again in court.

The decision disclosed to newsmen follows an emergency meeting of the union in Abuja Friday evening.

Meanwhile, Senator Shehu Sani, representing Kaduna Central has called on the Federal Government to have a fruitful dialogue with JOHESU so that they could return for work.

The strike, which was not effective in the last one week entered the second week as patients now complain about the lingering crisis.

JOHESU early lamented that doctors did not join them and had deliberately frustrated its effort but early this week, the industrial action became intense.

The Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole led the Federal Government officials that had a meeting with JOHESU officials on Friday.

He told journalists that the JOHESU would soon call off the strike.

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!