Jonathan Raises Alarm Over Plots To Tarnish His Image

Jonathan Raises Alarm Over Plots To Tarnish His Image

Former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, has said that some faceless people have vowed to tarnish his image.

 

He said this via his Facebook account, adding that he would not allow such to happen and that truth would always prevail over falsehood.

 

Last week, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had alleged that the sum of N150 billion was shared in just two weeks before 2015 elections by Jonathan’s administration.

 

He said that Jonathan’s administration which could only spend N153 billion on infrastructure in the three years preceding 2014, went ahead to share N150 billion in two weeks to win 2015 election at all cost.

 

“In one single transaction, a few weeks to the 2015 elections, sums of a $100,289 million were just frittered away by a few,” Osinbajo said.

 

It was gathered that Jonathan instructed the country’s apex bank the Central Bank of Nigeria to move some money directly to his residence.

 

“In one particular instance, over N70 billion was released in parts from the national treasury between January 8 and February 25, 2015.” According to findings.

 

“Besides, that in another illegal disbursement, the minutes of the Central Bank board meeting of 25th August 2014 indicated the board’s okay of another N60 billion requested by the former President and released later by the Central Bank”, a source told newsmen.

 

In view of these allegations, Ex-President on Sunday night wrote on his Facebook account @jonathangoodluck, “It has been brought to my attention that while I am away promoting democracy in Sierra Leone, a campaign will be unleashed against me to falsely impugn my name using both faceless and identified persons.

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!