Man, Pregnant Wife, Two Children Die In Lagos Fire
A family of four were killed by fire at No. 13, Buraimoh Street, Bariga area of Lagos early this morning.
Identified as Eze’s family, the Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe who confirmed the incident said that a candlelight might have caused the blaze.
According to eyewitnesses, the fire began at about 2:45 am and a call was put across to the state fire service.
A source said that the family was living in a shop, where they sold drugs.
“They fortified the doors and windows of the shop with strong iron bars to prevent burglary but it was this that led to their death,” a neighbour said.
He explained further that the men of the state fire service could not gain access to the room due to the heavy burglary proof.
Rasak advised Lagosians to be careful with fire during the dry season, adding, “We must also be mindful of our safety when fortifying the windows and doors of our house.”